Nakhon Si Thammarat

Welcome to the Nakhon forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  cheerscheers  

Share | 

Behaviour of teachers!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
God
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Behaviour of teachers!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:44 am

I have heard from a friend that two teachers from a well known school in Nakhon were involved in two separate incidents on Tuesday night.
First incident happened at one of Nakhon's more up-market Moobaan's, were the teacher in person starting shouting and swearing from his third floor balcony at another teacher. This was done infront of a crowd of people including Thai and farang's.
Second incident happened at Country home bar, were a fight broke out and a few punches were thrown!!
With all the bad press teachers are getting already this can only drag us further into the Sh..... Maybe schools should be more wary when hiring staff.
The school shall be un-named for the moment.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nakhonsithammarat.forumotion.com
doomstain
arse bandit
arse bandit

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:24 am

Oh come on god...give us the name... :twisted:

Seriously though, hasn't this kind of thing been happening for the last few years?
I can remember more scandalous behaviour than that happening when I first got here 2 years ago. And the behaviour was certainly not limited to teachers from 1 particular school or another.

I'm certainly not condoning fighting or shouting and swearing at one another...I'm merely suggesting that this behaviour is not new and it's not to do with particular schools or their hiring policies.

In my opinion, this will happen due to the sheer number of foreigners residing in Nakhon. Not everyone's perfect... Dejected
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I am god!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 am

Yes, i agree that this has been happening for the past few years. I can say that 5 years ago there were 30 farang teachers here and nothing like this ever happened, what does that say??
Has the quality of teachers gone down?? are schools now hiring anyone that they can get their hands?? are the teachers too young?? lack of experience?? here for a party?? I don't know because i don't socialize with many of the new teachers.
But can safely say that the older residents of Nakhon never seem to have problems and it seems to be the new ones that cause the trouble. Zip Zip
Back to top Go down
doomstain
arse bandit
arse bandit

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:46 am

Fair enough...yes..I tend to agree...
If you're a younger (perhaps less experienced) teacher it's more likely you'll want to go out and party. Does this make you a bad teacher..? I would suggest not...

The assessment of any teacher should be based upon their in-school performance. In my short time teaching here I've seen a few older teachers come through who, although they didn't like to go out too much, were not very good teachers.

I do concur with your point about residents of Nakhon who've been here a long time. Most likely they are good teachers who don't cause any problems in the town. :Gramps1:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VTR1000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 pm

God wrote:
I have heard from a friend that two teachers from a well known school in Nakhon were involved in two separate incidents on Tuesday night.
First incident happened at one of Nakhon's more up-market Moobaan's, were the teacher in person starting shouting and swearing from his third floor balcony at another teacher. This was done infront of a crowd of people including Thai and farang's.
Second incident happened at Country home bar, were a fight broke out and a few punches were thrown!!
With all the bad press teachers are getting already this can only drag us further into the Sh..... Maybe schools should be more wary when hiring staff.
The school shall be un-named for the moment.

Cheers

Bit of an exaggeration with the first incident I think. Agreed a few words were said but it was over and done with quite quickly, or did it carry on after I went?

2nd incident involved alcohol and of those involved, one cannot handle his brew and always wants to take on the world when he's had a few.

I don't think any school can be blamed. It's down to the individuals themselves. A school cannot be responsible for actions taking place out of school hours. Anybody in a teaching position should be responsible and mature enough to know how to behave in public. In fact I know of incidents that have happened in the past, all not good and recalling all the names of those involved, there are/were connections with pretty much all of the schools here that hire westerners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doomstain
arse bandit
arse bandit

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:41 pm

VTR1000 wrote:

2nd incident involved alcohol and of those involved, one cannot handle his brew and always wants to take on the world when he's had a few.

Aaah...let me guess... :box:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daren
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Last time I saw the one bloke, he had sworn off the drink. Guess thats gone to pot... Can't say I'm surprised.

I've never liked the guy. He has threatened several friends and myself and now this... I'd find it very difficult not to try to seriously hurt the bastard, if I were there.

Last edited by Daren on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: OKAY!!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:48 pm

VTR1000,

exaggeration of what?? just told the truth what i saw, which was the same as yourself!! agreed that i am 15 years younger than you and have better eyesight Waver Waver
Maybe there should be a surprise party at his apartment tonight?? i do know the owners of the apartment and i'm sure the spare key will handed over in 2 seconds!! anyone up for a game of head football?? If so please the correct footwear, NO FLIPFLOPS allowed !!
Back to top Go down
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:23 am

We are all like a bunch of bitching chickens, clukking over things that happens...

I was there when the words were exchanged, bad but not to bad.. MIND there was a teacher sitting downstairs as well, he should also not interfer with the word exchange...

I also believe that you would be seriously pissed off if someone that has the key to your place would come and leave it open when you are away for a few days... That is RIGHT OUT OF ORDER... I think we can both agree to that...

The situation we witnessed, well, badly handed by several people...

The fighting well,,, Sh.... happens...

The end line here is that both those teachers will not be here next year..

One can not keep a school responsible for the teachers, sure the school will get a bad reputation but it is the person in whole that should be blamed...

Do not forget that one of the parts involved here has a PhD, so how should a school screen the people that missbehave...

God, I am sure that you have better eyesight than VTR, but he is a man of steel.. you are not... :know: ⛳
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 am

God wrote:
First incident happened at one of Nakhon's more up-market Moobaan's, were the teacher in person starting shouting and swearing from his third floor balcony at another teacher. This was done infront of a crowd of people including Thai and farang's. Cheers

That shithole??? :bungee: :jawdrop: :shoot: :superpoo: :jump:

HAHAHA best reading in years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VTR1000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:36 pm

That moobahn's status increased substancially last Saturday!!

Whistle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doomstain
arse bandit
arse bandit

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:22 pm

I guess I missed out on some gossip there...I guess I live in the wrong Moo Bahn :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Nope, you live in the right place Doomstain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behaviour of teachers!!   

Back to top Go down

Behaviour of teachers!!
Page 1 of 1