Nakhon Si Thammarat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nakhon Si Thammarat

Welcome to the Nakhon forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  cheerscheers  

Which P2P client

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sausage sandwich
ballsack
ballsack
sausage sandwich

Which P2P client Empty
PostSubject: Which P2P client   Which P2P client EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:27 pm

This may be a shot in the dark (although it is better with the lights out anyway......... stops her doing her knitting).

I'm using bitLord as my torrent P2P client and my download and upload rates are poo.

I've used a program called Broardband Wizzard to optimise my connection - which appeared to have worked last week as my online speed test to UK were pretty good (1300 down, 400 up) and I could get speeds of about 80kB/s download on bitLord (still poo but the best I've had so far), this week they've suddenly gone back to zero or 3kB/s at best. I've run the optimise again (which has suggested different settings) and although my online speed test results are good, my torrent speeds are a waste of time. Left it running over night and still at zero this morning.

I tried GreedyTorrent last night to fiddle my stats and get a better download rate but still poo.

My router has all the port forwarding and virtual server setting for bit lord and my ports are open in the firewall, so I'm sure its not a config prob on my pc.

I'm with MaxNet aka TT&T (spit!.... need a smiley for that) and they do say, albeit small print on their web site, that P2P gets limited bandwidth...... but zero???!!??
I have read the conspiracy theories about ISP's blocking P2P traffic etc so was thinking of trying one of the other P2P clients that encrypt the tcp messages.
I was also thinking if a proxy connection might allow me to bypass any tcp blocking by my ISP.... internet service provider my ring piece!

I've had constant battles with MaxNet since we signed up and had an email from TT&T tech support saying all international access is restricted due to "hardware issues", that they will have fixed in March, but then suggested I "upgrade" AGAIN to their Premier package as it is "much better for internation access"...... hmmm, the words fire and pants spring to mind.

Quote: "For another thing we would like you chang the indy package to premier package because the premier is better for international link than indy package."

Bitter? Me? ooooh noooo

Anyway, rant over,
Is anyone else using bitLord and having the same problems?
What other P2P clients are ppl using for torrents and how good do you rate them?
Back to top Go down
http://simon.sitamoxon.com
Daren
Admin
Admin
Daren

Which P2P client Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which P2P client   Which P2P client EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:02 pm

1. Get the best bittorrent client ever = uTorrent

2. Re-set up port forwarding/virtual server in router & firewall in windows.

3. Ensure that encryption in uTorrent is turned ON with the option: "Allow legacy incoming connections".

4. Limit upload speed in uTorrent to about 80% of total max upload. 50kb/s --> 40kb/s limit

5. Get on some decent private trackers and maintain a good ratio (pm if you need invites)

A friend says after upgrading to the "premier package" his torrent speeds are greatly improved despite subscribing to the cheapest package.
Back to top Go down
sausage sandwich
ballsack
ballsack
sausage sandwich

Which P2P client Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which P2P client   Which P2P client EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Thanks for the help Daren, I'll give uTorrent a go on my next download task (just finished the 1 I started about 4 weeks ago).

My download rate shot up to 60Kb/s at bang on 23:00 last night after being at zero all weekend. weird.

Will have to ask Mrs Sausage Sandwich if I'm allowed enough pocket money for "Premier"...... I might have to play a few extra games of "hide the sausage" to get an increase in my allowance though :notworthy:
Back to top Go down
http://simon.sitamoxon.com
Sponsored content

Which P2P client Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which P2P client   Which P2P client Empty

Back to top Go down

Which P2P client
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nakhon Si Thammarat :: all of it :: computers-
Jump to: