Nakhon Si Thammarat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nakhon Si Thammarat

Welcome to the Nakhon forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  cheerscheers  

visa issues/problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tony the pony
A kate Moss sticky stain
A kate Moss sticky stain
tony the pony

visa issues/problems Empty
PostSubject: visa issues/problems   visa issues/problems EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am

A colleague of mine arrived here on a non-immigrant -b (one year visa).
He went to the imm office to see our friend Miss Pussee (I'll be kind with that spelling) she made him pay b1900 for a 1 week extension saying that his visa was only good for 3 months.

He has to go back next week with my boss to sort it out.
What go on?

I read this:

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visa_teacher.html

is this new?

please shed some light or tell me to shut up and that I'm over reacting...
Back to top Go down
God
Admin
Admin
God

PostSubject: Strange!   visa issues/problems EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:55 am

Thats a strange one! Did he forget to check in for his 90 days? Usually the 1900b is to extend your visa for another year! Maybe others can shed some light on this? Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://nakhonsithammarat.rpg-board.net
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: visa issues/problems   visa issues/problems EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 2:27 pm

I think that in these times with the new regulations and rulers there are lots of confusion and they do not really know what is happening or understand everything that is happening. In short, they made a rule, but did not think of any ways to implement that rule...

Sorry sir, there are just lots of misunderstandings and that sort out going these days. Please keep us updated with what will happen.
Back to top Go down
tony the pony
A kate Moss sticky stain
A kate Moss sticky stain
tony the pony

PostSubject: Re: visa issues/problems   visa issues/problems EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 3:44 pm

No it was just supposed to be his 90 day check and they said his 1 year visa was actually only a 3 month one!! it doesn't say anywhere on his visa that it is limited to 3 months although on the said website it seems to make sense...

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visa_teacher.html

still puzzled, will keep you informed...
Back to top Go down
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: visa issues/problems   visa issues/problems EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Ok, well I have to go in on Friday to get my 90 days stamp thing and I have my visa expiring in December.

I will update how it goes..
Back to top Go down
VTR1000
Admin
Admin
VTR1000

PostSubject: Re: visa issues/problems   visa issues/problems EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:41 am

You cannot get a 1 year non 'B' visa. You get a three month visa that is extended for one year providing certain criteria are filled. Same goes for non 'O' holders.
Back to top Go down
sausage sandwich
ballsack
ballsack
sausage sandwich

PostSubject: Re: visa issues/problems   visa issues/problems EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 10:29 pm

Case closed, I'm now paid up till December :partyline:
Parting with 7000 baht left a bitter taste though, had to go and hurt some small animals to raise my spirits........ mmmmmmmmm spirits.

It appears there are lots of people having the same problem I had........... no teacher card application, no visa extention, no wp, no stay here, no advance to go, no collect £200. or as a great man once said........ "ger 'orf moi laaarnd" Viz readers will get that.

just going back to the point I made about spirits........ anyone know anywhere in this dwelling where I can buy a bottle of jagermeister? Answers on a postcard if you will.
Back to top Go down
http://simon.sitamoxon.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: visa issues/problems   visa issues/problems Empty

Back to top Go down

visa issues/problems
Page 1 of 1