Nakhon Si Thammarat

Welcome to the Nakhon forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  cheerscheers  

Share | 

Are English teachers in Nakhon under paid?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
God
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Are English teachers in Nakhon under paid?   Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:38 pm

As the end of the school year gets closer are you feeling under paid? Does your yearly salary increase match the rate of inflation? What would be a decent teachers salary for Nakhon? 35,000b 40,000b or more? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nakhonsithammarat.forumotion.com
doomstain
arse bandit
arse bandit

PostSubject: Increasing pay   Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:02 am

I think 35-40K is fair for Nakhon. At my school your salary will increase year by year so it certainly keeps up with inflation.
Schools that pay the same rate for newcomers as they do for those who have been there a while are not appreciating their experienced staff. 1000baht raise to your monthly salary should be the minimum when you resign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: 35 or 40?   Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:17 am

Bit of a difference between 35,000 and 40,000b ! I would say 40,000b would be fair with a 5percent increase every year on the resigning of your contract. The 1000b a month extra every year is no way near the rate of inflation! Petrol? Dairy products? Cooking oil? Sauces? Have a look..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nakhonsithammarat.forumotion.com
doomstain
arse bandit
arse bandit

PostSubject: 35-40K   Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:24 am

35-40K depending on the length of time you've been at your school.
I suggested that 1000baht a month extra was the bare minimum to show that a school is rewarding its longer term teachers.
As I'm sure you're aware, some schools offer no pay increase whatsoever to the teachers who re-sign on an ongoing basis.

I can't really see schools specifically altering their pay scales in accordance with inflation rates. However, the least they can do is reward their experienced teachers with some sort of an increase in pay.

I agree that 5% or more is fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VTR1000
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are English teachers in Nakhon under paid?   Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Underpaid and overworked!

:(

Not enough beer tokens to keep me going for a month! Should be better once I move closer to this board's HQ!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowstorm
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are English teachers in Nakhon under paid?   Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 am

I feel like I get paid to much... :arrow: :flower:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nakhonsriron
sheepeople
sheepeople

PostSubject: Re: Are English teachers in Nakhon under paid?   Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:43 am

doomstain wrote:
I think 35-40K is fair for Nakhon. At my school your salary will increase year by year so it certainly keeps up with inflation.
Schools that pay the same rate for newcomers as they do for those who have been there a while are not appreciating their experienced staff. 1000baht raise to your monthly salary should be the minimum when you resign.

Some schools do appreciate experienced staff. Unfortunately, they're not our schools. I'm hoping for (anticipating) a 10K raise at the start of the next academic year.

Of course, it involves significant "restructuring costs". But it's only a one year payback. And not too far away from home.
... still doing my due diligence on priorities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are English teachers in Nakhon under paid?   

Back to top Go down

Are English teachers in Nakhon under paid?
Page 1 of 1